What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational Therapy focuses on helping people achieve independence in all areas of their lives. A child’s main occupation is playing and learning, and occupational therapy can help a child develop skills for play, school performance and activities of daily living.
A pediatric occupational therapist is a health care professional who works with children and their families to help function successfully in everyday life to the best of their ability.We offer quality treatment in the areas of:
- Fine motor skills
- Activities of daily living
- Play skills
- Thinking and Emotional skills
- Sensory Motor Skills
- Postural Control
- And so much more….
- Doesn’t like to be held or cuddles
- Has not met developmental milestones
- Difficulty performing tasks with both hands
- Poor attention to tasks
- Difficulty with transition
- Is clumsy or seems uncoordinated
- Has difficulty maintaining posture
- Walks on toes
- Has poor balance and body awareness